Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Morgan helps Brewers win; "Tony Gumbo" gets wreckless on the mic



Nyjer Morgan of the Milwaukee Brewers went 4 for 6 and scored two runs in an 11-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. But it was after the game where he really made some noise.

During the post game interview, Morgan morphed into "Tony Gumbo," one of his alter egos. As he proceeded to grab the microphone from the reporter and takeover the interview, I couldn't help but to think that he was falling right into the stereotypical uneducated black athlete role.

Black men across the country had to be slightly offended, I know I was. I mean, when was the last time you saw Derek Jeter or Dustin Pedroia grab microphones during interviews and refer to themselves in multiple aliases? I guess the buffoonery continues. Thanks Nyjer for setting us back a few years.


Here's the clip, you be the judge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment